The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tales From The Crib

A few weeks ago we moved the boy out of his bassenette, out of our room and into a crib. By about 6 weeks old he was hitting the sides and waking himself up, which invariably led to crying, which invariably led to us waking up. Now in the crib he can do the Horizontal Watusi all night long and never come close to hitting the sides. And the boy likes his new digs! He took to it right away and has never looked back. Then a week last Friday something strange happened.

It was 4:00 am and I got up to go to the bathroom, I peeked in on Harris sleeping soundly. At 6:00 am I expected him to be feeding, nope. Finally at 7:00 am he wakes. I look at Patty, she looks at me, we both look at the clock.

"Did you feed him last night?" "No I thought you did." Uh, yeah, my boobs don't really work that way.

Harris had slept through the night!

And since then he has consistently put in 6-8 hours of sleep every night. We don't know how it happened. Other than not bringing him into our bed anymore we were still feeding on demand, he just stopped demanding. Whoo Hoo!

But despite the sleep, for some funny reason we're still exhausted...