The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Monday, July 24, 2006

Ouch

Last week The Boy was running a fever of 102 degrees. P and I were a little freaked, it was unexplainable, not accompanied by other symptoms, and came out of nowhere. Not to mention it's the first high fever The Boy has ever had. After a couple of days soothing our clingy, whiney, feverish baby the finally fever broke. We were naturally relieved and for the most part he appeared to be back to his usual self.

On Saturday we discovered the likely reason for the fever and cranky attitude; two molars have erupted from his gums, bringing his tooth total to 10. They still bother him, which explains the continued 2:00 am crying fits. I thought molars don't come in until around 15 months, but I guess we might as well get this over with early. Hey, now we can stop blending all his food. I think I'll cook him up a steak tonight.