The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Friday, August 26, 2005

Pandas are SO bears

Growing up the only Teddy Bears that I had were Panda Bears - understandable seeing I am Asian. When I met Patty I was floored when she told me she never had a Panda Teddy Bear.

"What? Those are classic, everyone had a Panda Bear."

"Not me."

"!"

So what was the first thing I asked my parents to buy Harris? A Panda Teddy Bear. That boy's going to grow up right!

"You know, Pandas aren't really bears."

Okay technically Pandas are marsupials, but that's really splitting hairs. Even Harris was beginning to have doubts, I had to move fast.




Get this marsupial away from me...

"If it looks like a bear and acts like a bear, it's a bear." I pleaded. "I mean tomatoes are technically a fruit, but no one eats a tomato like fruit."

"I do."

You would.