The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Thursday, January 26, 2006

T-Minus Three Weeks And Counting

I walked past the calendar the other day. Actually I walk past it several times a day; our house isn't all that big and, in order to maximize calendar-effectiveness, we hang it in a really obvious spot. So let me rephrase that...

In one of my many encounters with the calendar the other day I noticed something written on it: P has started counting down the days till The Boy's six month birthday, the day we start him on solid food. It's his next major milestone and it appears she's excited.

The menu is all planned out. Rice pabulum with a rice pabulum demi-glaze, chased down with a big helping of breast milk. If everything goes according to plan, he will eat almost none of it, but we're going to have a great time trying.