The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Who's Your Daddy?

The other day P came home from the Mother and Baby drop-in with some news, "You know those red marks on the back of The Boy's head? They're called Stork bites, and it's quite a common birthmark."

"Uh huh."

"Mostly caucasian babies get them."

Ah Hah!

The Boy is half Asian (Me) and half Canadian (P), but I swear there's no Asian in him. I mean he was born with pale skin and deep blue eyes - I can safely say that doesn't come from my side of the family.

Skin and eye colour aside though, he looks nothing like me. He's a spitting image of P, with a bit of her brother thrown in. Hey... who's the father of this child?

"Oh go on. You're the father. Look, he's got your ears."

My ears?!? The only feature of mine The Boy inherited are the ears? And the genitals too I guess, he didn't get those from P that's for sure.