The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Monday, May 29, 2006

Introducing the Next Hal Blaine

Waaaaay back when The Boy was born (it seems like so long ago), I told P that I wanted to get the baby one of those cute mini-drum sets you see at music stores. I've got to admit, despite my recent guitar playing adventures, deep down I'd really love to see him play the drums.

"Are you crazy?!? There's no way he's getting his hands on drumsticks until his at least two years old. He'd poke his eyes out!"

This afternoon while P was taking a shower, I thought I'd set-up my snare and cymbal for The Boy before they get packed away, just to see what he'd do. He... loved... them! He grabbed the sticks and starting beating the skins like an old pro. What technique! I almost got all teary watching him. And look honey, his eyes are fine.