The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm Here

Doesn't seem like I've posted anything meaningful here in for weeks, and it's true. Since switching to a four-day workweek, I've found I actually have less free time than more. Tuesdays is non-stop Boy, which is the way it should be. He's go-go-go from the time he gets up until his afternoon nap, if he naps at all. But I'm not complaining, I love my Tuesdays with him.

Otherwise I'm now starting work earlier and finishing work later, spreading the Tuesday out over the remaining four; this also means I have less time at home too. Squeezing five days into four isn’t the same as working five days. While the total hours are the same, I find I'm far busier than before, and with a shortened lunch break, I don't have a chance to blog.

I've got about a dozen or so posts, sitting in draft stage, I hope to get to before they're redundant. My 2000-word manifesto on potty training will be pretty useless if I don't get it posted before he graduates.