The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Monday, May 07, 2007

Good Thing Tight Jeans Aren't In Style

In front of me, on my desk right now, are four little pills. They're anti-inflammatory pills. Yeah, the vasectomy hasn't gone as smoothly as I would have liked.

Everytime I forget to take the pills, I sabotage my own recovery, so I've put the pills out in plain site to remember to take them. You'd think that the searing discomfort would be reminder enough, but I've gotten used to the feeling. It only really hurts now when I cross my legs or jump rope, two activities I've learned to live without.

I get the odd question from my co-workers who happen past my desk and see the pills, but no one questions them too deeply. I figure that's better than posting a sticky on my monitor "Take Ball-Swelling-Reduction Pills". That seems just too obvious.