The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Little Mr. Clean

Sunday morning I was feeding The Boy breakfast at his table. P and I spend a lot of time at his table these days. If we eat at the grown-up table, he eventually sits on one of our laps, effectively ending any chance that person has of getting a hot meal. So we sit at his toddler table. He loves it, we give him some snacks and he holds court while we eat.

Anyways back to Sunday morning. He was merrily eating his breakfast when he noticed his sippy cup leaked milk onto the table. He looked at me and pointed, "A meh. A meh. All weh" (A mess, a mess, all wet)

Yeah I know kid, a mess, but let's finish breakfast first.

"No! A meh!" He pushed the spoon away, hopped off his chair, grabbed a dish towel from the basket and proceeded to wipe up the spill.

Now if I can get him to scrub the toilets and vacuum the floors, I'll be set.