The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm in the Minority

Apparently fewer than 10% of Vasectomy patients have complications. Sadly, I belong to that small group. I always knew I was special, but this sort of recognition I could have done without.

The first seven days went by without much trouble, the usual ache of ball-trauma, but that's about it. On day eight, that's when I started to notice some swelling. By the end of that day, when the swelling began to dwarf the size of my dick, that's when I thought, "Okay, this isn't going to get better by itself" and went to see the doctor.

Yesterday I started a treatment of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. It's been less than 24-hours, so there's no sign of improvement yet, but at least it's not getting worse.

And despite it all, I still don't have any regrets getting the V. I wish it didn't get infected, but once this passes I can begin my new life as a unproductive member of society. That's a little vasectomy humour for you.

--------------------
Saturday update: Today it's gotten a lot better. The nuts aren't out of the woods yet, but at least they're on the right path.