The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Monday, February 19, 2007

Hello Again

Just one week after recovering from a particularly nasty bug, The Boy caught another cold. Last time it was the flu. This time an ear infection and bronchitis.

Either way it has meant several hours at the Children's Hospital emergency ward, and passing the bug onto P and me. I know it's cold and flu season, but this is just unfair. And these two incidents are just the tip of the iceberg, to me it feels like The Boy has been sick since last September, and so have P and I. Last winter we made it through with barely a sneeze, this year... it's one I'd rather forget.

P's decided that The Boy isn't going to go group drop-in until he's fully recovered, but germs lurk everywhere. I guess we could keep him in a plastic bubble until he's 16, but we all know what happened when John Travolta did that - it ruined his career.

I guess dealing with your sick child is part of being a parent, and I know we're not alone.
Carter of 220, 221 is dealing with the same thing.