The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Monday, January 29, 2007

Toast For Good

It finally happened, I fried the hard disk in my Powerbook. The last time my computer seized up I gave it a time out, relegated to the corner of our dining room to reflect on what it had done, and how hurtful its behaviour was. After a week, the lesson sank in and my Powerbook was running again.

Now a smart man might have taken that as a sign the hard disk was on the way out, but no one has ever accused me of being smart. I just thought, "Wow, Macs are so good they can fix themselves" and kept working away. That is until yesterday.

Luckily I backed the important data up and started using Gmail, so it's just a matter of dropping in a new hard drive. Problem is there are about 34 intricate steps involved, and with a son that loves to sit on my lap and push everything off the table, I'm not looking forward to it.

Anyways, I won't be posting regularly until I get my Powerbook running again.