The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Food Meme

Violet from Short and Sweet Like Me has tagged me for a meme.

Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

The rules don't specifically say this meme has to be about food, but Violet sent it, so I'll stick with her topic. Truth be told, I have much juicier facts about me that are not food related, so in a way a Food Meme is safer.

  1. I have a food review blog/site called MealMe.com. Open to anyone who wants to take a picture of their restaurant meal and review. I haven't paid much attention to it as of late - real life gets in the way.

  2. Despite being Chinese, I almost never go out for Chinese food. The only exception is when my parents come to visit.

  3. I haven't eaten Red Meat in over 22 years. What turned me off? Henry Rollins. I had dinner with Henry decades ago when his band Black Flag came to town. He ordered Fish and Chips and I asked him why. His reply, "I don't care how many cows you kill, I just don't want to eat them!"

    "That's so fuckin' cool." I thought and changed my diet right there.

  4. I cook mostly from scratch, every meal. I do make an exception for Kraft Dinner. While laced with chemicals and pretty bad for you (not to mention gives me wicked heartburn), I kinda like the taste. I never make it for P or The Boy though, it's my own guilty pleasure.

  5. I am allergic to Penicillin. Is Penicillin considered a food?
I tag: