The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Whoa! Went "Dark" There For Awhile

Forgive me. It's been a month since my last post. I've been super busy. Too busy to blog? Maybe not, but by the time I get home from work I just don't feel inspired enough to write.

But after spending the day snowboarding yesterday and sleeping in today, I'm feeling refreshed. Today is only the second day of my two week holiday too. A few random things...

- Right now I"m sipping a lazy coffee and watching The Boy shimmy his potty across the Living room to get at some toys. It's kind of grossing me out. New Year Resolution: The Boy uses the toilet everytime, all the time - it stays in one place.

- P and I have been talking to him about giving toys to other kids who may not have any. Surprisingly he gets it and helped me drop off some new toys to the local Christmas Bureau. Step two, getting him to help us go through his old toys. Might now be as easy.

- The Boy inexplicably puts his underwear and pants on backwards every single time. Why can't he just reverse them?

- Among his favourite superheros is Ultra-Man. I don't know where he got that from, but it's pretty darn cool.

- And we've been spending a ton of time playing in the snow. Pics and video coming soon.