The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Chick Magnet

I'd always heard that a wedding ring was a "Chick Magnet." As the theory goes, woman can't resist a married man because it shows that he's ready to commit. That never made any sense to me, doesn't the ring mean he's already committed? Anyways after almost 10 years of marriage I can say without any hesitation that the theory is bunk; if anything it's a Chick Repellent. Not that I was ever looking, but it's fun to test theories.

Babies are supposed to have the same effect, women flock around you've got a baby in tow. At least this is according to Joey and Chandler on "Friends", not exactly a journal of scientific fact and conjecture I know, but I'm not picky. Today my friend Eric and I were walking the boy and hey!! Women love stopping us and peeking into the stroller. If only I had a thing for 70+ year old women I'd be set.

Alternate Theory
Women don't like me - it's like being in high school all over again.

Alternate, Alternate Theory
Women don't like Eric. I like this theory best.