The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Friday, October 27, 2006

I Have No Secrets Left.

The Boy loves to open and close doors, it's like an interactive game of peek-a-boo. He waddles up to a door, pops it open, sees you, squeals, then tears off down the hall. We usually add to the excitement by asking him "Where's Mom?" or "Where's Dad?". Well I'll tell you where Dad was this morning, naked on the toilet of our on-suite brushing his teeth.

Ordinarily if The Boy sees me naked I wouldn't bat an eyelash; he's seen it before and he's got a lifetime of locker room showers ahead of him, so he might as well get used to seeing men naked. The difference this morning was that my Mom was standing behind him when he pushed open the door.

Gaaaaaaaah!

I've never taken any military training before, but I managed to execute a tidy "drop and roll" to the door and shut it.

A similar thing happened a few months back involving my mother in-law. Fortunately her vision is poor, so she only got a hazy view of my naked butt. My mother's vision on the other hand is pretty good so I'm sure she... ah, I'm mortified.

My mother in-law, now my mother. I might as well trounce around nude for the rest of the family and get it over with.