The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Potty Training Update Part 2

Let me explain the previous post.

There is nothing there because there is nothing to report.

The Boy is no closer to being potty trained than I am to being the next President of the United States (I'm Canadian. Not white. And believe legislated, national policy banning people from getting on an elevator and going up one floor will benefit everyone. Who would vote for me?)

Sometimes I think we're on the cusp of a major breakthrough, then he goes and shits on the couch and I float back to reality. I know he understands the concept - when asked about where to pee and poop he responds "Potty" - he just doesn't want to use the potty.

In an effort to accelerate the process we've taken to letting him go without a diaper at home. But all that seems to have accelerated is The Boy's love of peeing on the floor. "Look at me! I peeing!" he giggles as I race for a towel. At least we don't have carpeting.

Now the Japanese, they do potty training right! Check out this Japanese Anime Cartoon to help potty train. It's actually a commercial, but WTF, I think I'll sit The Boy down and play it for him. I mean it can't hurt can it?



(Link to the video)