The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Friday, November 02, 2007

BOO

The Boy went trick or treating for the first time on Wednesday. I wasn't sure how long he'd last, cooped up chicken costume all night. (Get it? Cooped... Chicken... See how my mind works? It's like a laser). But he surprised P and I both and stayed out for two hours.



Having his friends Milo and Naomi come along helped.


I didn't get a chance to go out with them, but according to P The Boy ran from door to door, screamed "Cock-a-doodle-do" at the top of his lungs and once he grasped the essence of the evening he dropped "Trick or Treat" in favour of "I want candy" whenever someone opened their door.

Sounded adorable, and I missed all of it. I know I can go with him next year, and the year after that, but there's always something magical about 'firsts'. Maybe next Halloween I'll witness the first time he blows a pumpkin up with fireworks. It's not quite the same, but I'll take it.