The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And They Call It Puppy Love...

Last week at the babysitter's The Boy stole his first kiss. He's always been a very touchy kid, so its not unusual for him to hug a playmate, stroke their hair or pat them on the back. But kissing! This is a first.

Appropriately the little girl took a step back and slapped him. Then they both giggled, ate ice cream, pooped in their respective diapers and took a nap. Geeze, already sounds better than just about any of the dates I've ever been on.

They say the fruit never falls very far from the tree. But in this case The Boy and I aren't even in the same orchard. I didn't get my first kiss until I was well into high school, and even then I think it was on a dare. A teenage Casanova I was not.

I always promised myself I'd never live vicariously through my son, but if he's already making the moves at two-years old I might just revise that policy.

Keep trying son, she'll come around!