The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Never Thought I'd Say This

I'm sick of hearing The Ramones.

They're one of The Boy's favourite bands at the moment. As soon as he hears Dee Dee yell "1-2-3-4" he starts jumping up and down. This transitions into a brief period of air drumming before running around the living room in circles, arms up in full mosh-pit glory. He's even taken to singing little bits of the songs:

"Sha La La La, Sha La La La La" (Howling at the Moon)

"Hey, Ho, Let's Go" (Blitzkrieg Bop)

"Bam Bam Ba-Bam, Bam Bam Ba-Bam" (I Wanna be Sedated)

Of course P and I find this super adorable, and I'm thrilled that, so far, we've haven't had to resort to buying a Wiggles or Barney CD.

But as happy as we are that The Boy is enjoying one of our favourite bands, he wants to hear them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. To the point where I've actually caught myself thinking about downloading a few Raffi songs to change things up. It's only after weighing the prospect of Bananaphone vs. Rockaway Beach 100 times a day do I manage to stop myself.

Thankfully though, there's Jonathan Richman.