The Jasper Chronicles

The Journal of a Cynical Dad

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

That's Gonna Hurt

The Boy has definitely developed a Daredevil personality. If there's the slightest chance of serious injury he's all-in. No apparatus can't be climbed, nothing is too tall to jump from, he scoffs at tippy, laughs at dangerous and generally looks peril in the face and says, "Wheeee."

For most part P and I stand back and watch him. We help him when he needs help, but for the most part we figure it's his world to explore and, pffft, if he falls off the top he'll learn not to fall off again.

Then the other day The Boy told me he wants a skateboard and suddenly I'm all concerned. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against skating, but I know the minute he steps on a board he's going go for it, and he's already a walking bruise.

Fortunately it's still a few years off. Gives me some time to brush up on my first aid.